Want to keep up with the latest news for growers? Check back every Thursday for a quick recap of recent happenings in the fruit and vegetable industry.
Dr. Jennifer McEntire Joins United Fresh Produce Association
United Fresh Produce Association announced the addition of Jennifer McEntire, Ph.D. as its new Vice President, Food Safety & Technology. She succeeds Dr. David Gombas, who retired from the association after 11 years leading its food safety program.
United Fresh Introduces Class 22 of the Produce Industry Leadership Program
The United Fresh Produce Association announced the 12 members of the 2016-2017 United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Program Leadership Class 22.
- Katie Birkhauser, Dole Fresh Vegetables, Salinas, CA
- John Carkoski, The Fresh Group Ltd., Oakdale, MN
- Kelly Catchot, Renaissance Food Group, Rancho Cordova, CA
- Nick Chappell, California Giant Berry Farms, Watsonville, CA
- Melina Lopez, Walmart Stores, Valencia, CA
- Adam Lytch, L&M, Raleigh, NC
- Brendan Miele, Jacobs Farm/Del Cabo Inc., Pescadero, CA
- Melissa Olsen, Freshway Foods, Sidney, OH
- Max Saad, Mastronardi Produce, Kingsville, Ontario
- LeighAnne Thomsen, Mission Produce, Oxnard, CA
- Jonathan Vance, 4Earth Farms, Los Angeles, CA
- Megan Zweig, DMA Solutions, Inc., Irving, TX