December 6-8, Grand Rapids, Mich.
Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market EXPO and the Michigan Greenhouse Growers EXPO will be held December 6-8 at the DeVos Place Convention Center and the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, Mich. The premier event for fruit and vegetable growers, farm marketers and greenhouse operators, the show hosted over 4,000 people from 41 states and 10 Canadian provinces for the 2010 EXPO.
The Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable and Farm Market EXPO is sponsored by Michigan State Horticultural Society and the Michigan Vegetable Council in cooperation with Michigan State University Extension. The Michigan Greenhouse Growers EXPO is sponsored by Metropolitan Detroit Flower Growers Association and Western Michigan Greenhouse Association in cooperation with Michigan State University Extension.
- Informative education program for fruit, vegetable and greenhouse growers, and for farm marketers – 64 sessions and workshops over three days! Topics will include fruit and vegetable commodities, greenhouse production and marketing, farm marketing ideas and issues, and general topics of special interest to growers.
- Trade show with over 400 exhibitors covering four acres of exhibit space in one hall.
- The annual meetings of the Michigan State Horticultural Society (MSHS) and the Michigan Vegetable Council (MVC).
- Michigan Farm Marketing & Agri-Tourism Association Gathering.
- Michigan Apple Queen Pageant.
For registration information, contact Erin Dwyer, registration manager, Association Management Resources (AMR), at 1390 Eisenhower, Ann Arbor, MI 48108; call 734-677-0503; fax 734-677-2407; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit www.glexpo.com.
2011 Special Events
- Farm Market Bus Tour
- Grape Industries Luncheon
- Industry Luncheon
- Midwest Pickle Association, Pickle & Pepper Research Committee
- MSHS Annual Meetings
- Meet the Buyers Reception
- Michigan Farm Marketing & Agri-Tourism Association Gathering
- Michigan Apple Queen Pageant
- Prayer Breakfast
- MVC Annual Meetings
- Michigan Apple Growers Luncheon
- EXPO Banquet
- Cider Contest
- Michigan Organic Food and Farm Alliance Meet & Greet
2011 Trade Show
Each of the past shows have been huge successes, and this one will be just as impressive! Once again, the event will be located in DeVos Place, a state-of-the-art facility with four acres of exhibit space.
This convention brings together tree fruit, bramble, grape, vegetable and greenhouse growers, as well as all types of farm marketers.
Some of the types of companies that exhibit: seed, nurseries and packaging companies; chemical and fertilizer companies; equipment, large and small; processing equipment; lending and leasing; insurance and investment companies; as well as greenhouse-related products. There are also many private brand companies, as well as entertainment exhibits for the farm markets. We have many state and federal agencies that also exhibit, updating the attendees on topics relating to regulations, programs and changes that are occurring.
Farm Market Bus Tour
This year’s Farm Market Bus Tour will be held on Monday, December 5, the day before the Great Lakes Fruit, Vegetable & Farm Market EXPO opens. Last year’s tour attracted participants from 18 states plus Canada. In 2011, a number of the top farm market and agritourism locations in southwest Michigan – all different from prior year’s stops – will be visited. The tour is sponsored by Fruit Growers News and Vegetable Growers News, with support from the Michigan Farm Marketing & Agri-Tourism Association.
The Farm Market Bus Tour is a great opportunity to network with other farm marketers, learn new marketing tips and discuss strategies. While traveling on the buses between stops, there will be interactive discussions to share information and ideas with others on the tour.
The cost of the tour is $155 per person. This includes transportation to the farm market stops, lunch and snacks.