Having an inviting, ambient exterior is just as important as the warm and cozy interior decor of the house. Every property owner has an idea of how much the ambiance and inviting appearance adds to the value of the property. Most residents have surrounding gardens which add beauty and appeal to the property.
Most of the outdoor light fixtures for general lighting around the gardens are mainly floodlights and wall packs. But as trendy as it gets there are several outdoor garden light fixtures that serve the purpose of lighting and decorative lighting both.
Garden lighting fixtures
Few of the decorative, custom-designed, or miscellaneous garden lighting fixtures are:
Floodlights are for general illuminance. As the name suggests they flood the area with light. As the night draws in, it is essential to have a lighting setup bright enough to illuminate the entire vicinity of the garden. Due to the wide beam angle, one or four fixtures surrounding a certain area are enough to adequately illuminate all the parameters.
They are excellent security lights as well and keep away many dangers like wild or stray animals and burglars.
Floodlights come with different mounting options so it increases their efficiency and accessibility in places where other light fixtures are hard to install. Traditionally, flood lights have been used with halogen lamps but LED floodlights are quite popular nowadays.
There are several reasons as to why LED floodlights are gaining popularity for outdoor light fixtures, they are:
- Glare-free: the light from these fixtures are uniform despite being bright.
- Economic: they are long-lasting and consume little energy. One fixture can last up to several years and that has quite an impact on replacement and maintenance costs.
- Available in various lumen outputs: The range of lumen output is adjustable and ensures effective lighting spread according to the number of fixtures used or for any kind of garden lighting layout.
- Have adjustable beam angles; the beam angles support normal to wide beam spread. These floodlights can highlight and accentuate other features around the garden due to this quality.
- Available in a range of color temperatures: LED floodlights have the adjustable color temperature on a Kelvin scale ranging from 25500K to 6000K. The light can be warm yellow or cool white. Most gardens require warm yellow light for natural ambiance whereas a higher range can be used for general lighting.
- Eco-friendly: these flood light fixtures are designed keeping in mind all the factors that might impact the lighting quality and conditions as well as the safety of people. The material used is of high quality, non-toxic and is recyclable.
- Cost-effective: the low energy usage and low maintenance costs of these fixtures over a certain time period is quite beneficial in terms of saving money.
(Click here for best floodlights).
Step lights are small light fixtures that are generally recessed inside the stairs. They are also called stair lights. They enhance the safety and ambiance of any garden quite effectively. As these fixtures sit inside the steps they are quite protected from external harsh elements in the surroundings. The main purpose of a stoplight is ambiance with adequate illuminance. As of now LED technology has been quite revolutionary when it comes to both indoor and outdoor lights. LED step lights are quite effective when it comes to addressing functionality with aesthetics. These lights have:
- Adjustable beam angle for adequate illumination over wider steps
- High lumen output
- Low energy consumption
- Low heat production
- They are IP rated against corrosion due to water and dust
- In-ground lights
To complement the landscaping around the garden it is essential to have some in-ground lights. These lights are pretty much similar to step lights except they are either recessed in the ground and shine light upwards and around or they are installed in other fixtures, mostly small poles. They work as excellent facade lighting fixtures as well. The preferable choice of bulb is LED as they are longer lasting
If the garden has pathways of stones or any other material it is always an option to install path lights around it. The neutral tones blend in with the color of the pathway as well as surrounding greenery while illuminating it. Installing path lights is the most common way of beautifying the look of a garden.
Directional spotlights are one of the most popular garden lighting fixtures. These lights have a narrow beam angle and they are mostly used to highlight either statue, monuments, garden walls, shrubs, trees or general plantation. LED spotlights are a good bet for cost-friendly, safe and effective lighting. They accentuate the area and make the outlook of the garden appear more inviting.
Bollard lights are the most commonly used light fixtures to illuminate any rocks, plantations like flowers or fruits around the garden. They are sleek and quite blendable in the surroundings.
These variants are quite an addition to garden lighting. These lamps are available in a range of heights and are installed to create a boundary or parameters within a garden. They can be installed around pathways or around plantations to create a sense of space.
Deck lights serve the same purpose as most garden lights. When a light fixture is decked to create a certain theme or aesthetic it is called as a deck light fixture. They serve as task lights and accent lights in gardens relative to hosting gatherings. Most of these lights are commonly installed in areas reserved for BBQ or a deck built for various other reasons.
These are a few of the outdoor light fixtures relative to garden lighting. The main purpose is usually just aesthetics but due to varying intensity, integrated photocells and adjustable color temperatures these lights can also serve as an artificial source of light for plants at night time. These lights are available under a variety of fancy or sleek customization to suit the requirements of any garden layout. LED technology has revolutionized the way these fixtures are viewed today and opened a door of possibilities to create outdoor spaces as warm and welcoming as possible without the risk of damage due to external factors.