If you have ever had the misfortune of experiencing a lengthy power outage, you know how much owning a portable generator is beneficial. During an outage period, you will not be able to use anything that requires power in your home. If your work or something else depends on power, investing in a quality portable generator is a smart move.
Top Picks for 2023
No matter if it is a simple backup power supply that you will use in an emergency, or a more complex one meant for the direst of emergencies, more convenience or recreation, various models exist that can help you get over a tough time. In this article, we will go over the best portable generators in 2023.
1. DuroStar DS4000S, 3300 Gas Portable Generator – Best Overall
We start things off with a mid-range moveable generator, which is both powerful and economic. It can deliver a maximum of 4000 watts, while a 7.0 amp air-cooled OHV engine has a low oil shutoff. The run time it will give you is around eight hours at half-load, and there are two 120-volt outlets and one 120 volts 30 amp outlet. Thanks to its EZ-Pull starting mechanism, it is quite simple to set up and use.
2. Honda EU2000I Super Portable Generator – Best Premium
Now here is a famous and trusty brand of all things that have an engine. This generator was modeled for optimum performance. This is an inverter unit that is going to change the way you think about generators, mostly thanks to the superb industrial design and a quiet operation noise of 53 to 59 dB. This is less than a usual conversation! There is an extensive manufacturer’s warranty included, and for a great price, you can get one of the lightest units on the list. It starts smoothly, has an Eco-throttle for automatic speed adjustments, and delivers a clean and precise output.
3. WEN 56180, 1500 Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator – Best Value
WEN is a famous brand known for manufacturing high-quality power tools worldwide. The same applies to their generators, which never disappoint. This is a lightweight model that will always give you reliable power whenever and wherever you need it. It has an 1800-watt starting wattage, as well as 1500 running watts at 7.5 hours at half-load. The engine starts easy, and it has a noise muffler that produces only 65 dB.
4. Westinghouse WGen5500 Portable Generator
This portable generator features Pa lot of innovative options and has great value. There is a large 6.6-gallon fuel tank with a fuel gauge, and the generator is good for some 13 hours of run time at 50% load. This means it will easily supply your basic powering needs wherever you are. Since it is convenient and light, it is a breeze to transport it around. Easy to start, it is also very quiet while it operates. All in all, this is a well-balanced option for your every need.
This is only one of the portable generators on the market. Click here to see some other high-quality portable generators and compare the models to find the best one for you.
5. Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Gas Powered Portable Inverter
Yamaha is another world-famous brand, mainly dealing in motorsports. However, they also produce a whole range of other things that deal with engines and power. The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 generator uses inverter technology and Pulse Width Modulation. This is modern and more sophisticated control circuitry that gives you consistent and clean current of power. In addition, it supports better fuel efficiency and durability. It can run different applications, and since it weighs less than 45, storing and transporting it is easy.
6. PowerPro 56101 Gas Powered Generator
This is the most compact and lightweight generator on the list so far, weighing only 36 pounds and measuring at 13.5 x 14 x 12. Because of this, it is extremely easy to carry and store. In addition, there is a handle and four rubber pads for even more comfort and convenience. The working noise is more than tolerable at 60dB at 22 feet, meaning it is useful in forests and parks. Customers love this model, and it has high marks and many positive reviews.
7. Champion Power Equipment 46539 3500 Portable Generator
This generator has excellent value and it is highly rated when it comes to starting power. It features a remote wireless start, and overall, it is both an affordable and dependable unit of power. Champion Power Equipment is another trusty brand that knows what they are doing. They have done a great job with this 3500-watt generator. It operates at 68dB at a 23 feet distance and will give you power for 12 hours at 50% of the load on a full tank.
8. Briggs & Stratton 30663 Gas Powered Portable Generator
If the thing you want from a portable generator is durability, this is the model for you. Yet another famous brand in the field, Briggs & Stratton has made a quality model with the 330663 generators. It features an impressive 7.5-gallon fuel tank that is good for 9 hours of continuous operation at half the power. It delivers 7000 watts of continuous power and is among the best when it comes to performance, quality, and durability.
Here are some other interesting choices for you to check out:
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2000 surge watts and 1700 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, and a two-year warranty
- ULTRA-QUIET – 40% Quieter than Honda Advanced inverter technology and enclosure design provide optimal quiet performance (Over 5 dB(A) quieter than the EU3000is, based on independent third-party...
- Ideal for work or play - durable steel enclosure, clean inverter power and easy portability make this the ideal generator for jobsites or recreational activities
- 16% more power than Honda, Featuring power rush advanced technology.Rated AC Frequency:60 Hz
- Digital smart lcd - digital wattage meter, run time remaining display, generator status, hour meter and fuel level
- USB ports - charge mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD - Weighs Only 47.4 Lbs. - Gas Powered - Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets; Two USB Outlets
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage - Strong Enough to Run All Your Home Essentials
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and 12 Hour Run Time on a 1. 2 Gallon Gas Tank - Features "Economy Mode" for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Parallel Capable - Combine Your iGen2200 with the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT; iGen1200; iGen2200; and iGen2500 to Increase Available Wattage and Amperage (Requires Westinghouse Parallel Cord)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service; Labor; and...
- At only 39 pounds, this inverter is one of the lightest 2000-watt inverters in the industry
- 53 dBA from 23 feet is perfect for camping, tailgating or to backup a few home essentials, featuring 2000 starting watts, 1700 running watts and up to 11.5 hours run time
- The optional clip-on parallel kit enables this inverter to connect with another 2000-watt Champion inverter to double your output power
- Includes two covered 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD)
- Includes 3-year limited warranty with free lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Convenient Monitoring System - Features LED lights for low oil and overload alerts.
- CO Guard Carbon Monoxide Shutdown Technology - Shuts down the generator when harmful levels of carbon monoxide are detected.
- Safe for Sensitive Electronics - With inverter technology, it produces smoother power for sensitive electronics such as laptops, phones, and gaming systems.
- Protective, Noise-Reducing Shell - Minimizes noise while protecting internal components.
- Parallel Connector Port - Allows you to connect two units together for even more power - perfect for RV’s with air conditioning units. Parallel connector kit sold separately.
- [1 Hour AC Recharge] - Fully recharge using an AC outlet in only 1 hour with EcoFlow's X-Stream fast charging technology.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: The Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station has been featured as the "Best Portable Power Station for use in the outdoors" by Digital Trends. A classic choice for your pick.
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor...
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras,...
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel or SolarSaga 100 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller enables the solar panel to operate at its max...
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station, 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
- More Powerful In Less Weight : 299Wh/80818mAh portable power station weights only 7lb, powerful enough to charge smartphones (2000mah) 40 times, laptops (56wh) 4-5 times, mini fridge(45W) about 6-18...
- Multiple Outputs For Choice: This solar powered generator features 1*pure sine wave 110v AC outlet (300w rated, 600w peak); 1*car port (12V/10A, 120w max); Built-in QC 3.0 USB and USB-C output(9V/2A,...
- Smart 12V Regulated Power: Progeny P66 300W power station was the 1st to offer regulated 12v outout comparing to most similar power staions on the market, 12V regulated power can keep you trouble-free...
- Charge It Anywhere: Built-in professional MPPT technology, this solar generator provides faster solar recharge rates by Progeny 120W solar panel (sold separately) about 6-7 hrs; Recharge from a...
- Safe And Reliable: P66 portable battery pack use battery management system (BMS) to improve battery utilization, extend battery life through short protection, overcurrent protection, overvoltage...
- The A-iPower SUA2000iD Dual Fuel inverter generator produces 2,000 starting watts with 1,600 running watts of power with gasoline and 1,800 starting watts with 1,500 running watts with propane (LPG)
- A-iPower’s inverter technology allows for safe and clean power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Each SUA2000iD comes with a set of parallel cables enabling users to link two SUA2000iD together for combined power output of 4,000 starting watts and 3200 running watts
- Lightweight and portable at only 55 lbs making it ideal for camping trips and tailgate parties
- Super quiet operation at only 52 decibels, allows for effective operation without disturbing your friends and neighbors
- Multiple Charging Outputs Provide More Options: Features with AC/ DC/ USB OUTPUTS: 110 AC output (200W), 2 DC output, 2 QC 3.0 quick charge USB port and 1 USB ports (2.4A auto). Power your smartphone,...
- High Performance And Handy Power Source: 151Wh (40800mAh) compact station is powerful enough to meet different kinds of electricity demands outdoor usage for home, travel, camping, backseat on long...
- Other Unique Design: 1)The standalone AC/DC provides easy operation when charging different devices;2)Mutifuction LCD display would show you the remaining energies/charge/discharge/AC output/DC output...
- Triple Rechargeable Modes Efficient Solar Generator: FlashFish power station is equipped with a lithium battery pack, it can be charged by the 15-24 volt solar panel (not included), AC wall adapter...
- MultiProtect And Warranty: The generation provides all-round protection to protect you against overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature, ensuring the safety of you and your devices.❤Flashfish...