If you are reading this article, you are probably amongst those people who want their lawns to be lush, green, and healthy. But, you might not be aware of the wide range of methods and strategies that are designed to keep your lawn’s appearance great, no matter what season it is. That is where hydroseeding comes in. Hydroseeding is one of the best ways to maintain your lawn and in this article, you will be able to learn what is it, how does it work, and its benefits. Let’s take a closer look:
What Might Cause Your Lawn to Have a Grim Appearance?
There is a wide range of issues that can cause your lawn to look grim, however, there are some common ones, including:
- Overwatering with poor drainage
- Poor turf selection
- Poor soil condition
These are the most common factors in making your lawn unappealing, hence, you should pay more attention to these factors and stop doing something that will only hinder your turf appearance.
What is Hydroseeding?
Hydroseeding or as it is also referred to, hydraulic mulch seeding is a process that requires the use of a mixture of fertilizer, seed, mulch, and healthy soil in order to grow healthy grass, as well as reduce the level of erosion. It is a fast, cost-effective technique for having a beautiful and healthy lawn.
How Does Hydroseeding Work?
As you already know, when you apply grass seeds by hand, it is quite possible that the weather conditions can cause them to mitigate. That is one of the main benefits of hydroseeding – it will minimize the issue, as well as prevent it from happening. As previously mentioned, hydroseeding requires a combination of ingredients that are placed in a tank and then applied to the soil with a high-pressure system that mixes the ingredients and spreads it on the soil. According to the experts from Girgenti Hydroseeding LLC, the mixture also contains an organic tackifier which is basically a glue that will help the seeds stat in contact with the grass.
The Benefits of Hydroseeding
The benefits include:
- Speed – the entire process is fast and easy to implement, hence, you will be paying less for a professional company. Also, you will be able to see that hydroseeding provides a moisture-retaining mulch meaning that allows the seed to root faster than any other technique.
- Erosion Control – all the ingredients used in the mixture will protect and bind it with the soil. Your lawn will be stronger, hence, it will be protected against the wind, which makes it a great option for erosion control.
- Water Retention – there is no other method that will provide as much water retention as hydroseeding. It can retain up to 10x its weight in water, hence, you will ensure grass survival.
- Cost-effective – hydroseeding is cost-effective and more affordable than the traditional sodding method. In addition to the general cost of traditional sodding, you will also be required to buy fertilizers, mulch, potential workers, and so on. But, with hydroseeding, you will pay less and it also requires less maintenance.
As you can see, hydroseeding will not only make your lawn appealing, but it will also protect your grass during harsh weather conditions, provide a cost-effective way of implementation, as well as allow higher water retention than other strategies. Hence, if you have been thinking about hydroseeding, do not waste any more time and start searching for a company that will help you get that amazing lawn.