You have finally moved into your new home and you are done with arranging the interior of it. On the other hand, your backyard and outdoor space is something you plan to enjoy on a regular basis and want to make it as pleasant as possible. We do recommend starting a small garden that will look nice and allow you to have fresh produce all over the year. Along with that, a table and a few chairs for you and your friends to hang out is a must. And who doesn’t like a good old backyard barbecue?
Still, there is one thing that people tend to forget when it comes to outdoor space additions, and that can provide many benefits. Yes, we are talking about awnings. Awnings can be great for decoring your house and for protecting it from weather damage. And now you can buy a pair or a few at fair and reasonable prices choosing the one just up to your preference. But what are the advantages and what to look for? Let’s take a look.
The Advantages Of Buying An Awning
1. First and foremost, awning’s main function is to protect your house from rain and other weather conditions. Once it is raining your walls, window frames and doors are all at risk of precipitation damage. By investing in a good awning these will be protected, and if your window is open, an awning is protecting the indoor space as well.
2. Along with that, your indoor furnishing may be exposed to direct sunlight and get damaged over a certain course of times – and once again that is where awnings can save the day.
3. Not to forget, investing in a good door shelter canopy will increase the value of your home, and can even better it And as it is environment-friendly option buyer who enjoys energy efficient houses will be more interested.
4. Talking about energy efficiency, awnings will help you reduce cooling costs – ventilated awnings can prevent heat from trapping in window frames and entering your indoor space. The costs will be reduced due to the fact that your air conditioner will not be running for the whole day in order to maintain a pleasant
5. Last but not least because you are being environment-friendly you are giving a great example on how we should all act if we want to live in a healthy environment.
Things To Look At In An Awning
There are a few things you should consider when buying an outdoor awning. First and foremost is the material. Depending on what you are looking for the two most common types are aluminum and outdoor fabric. And while outdoor fabric might look fancier, aluminum awnings are much easier to maintain and will probably last you a long time. Now, the angle is something that you should look at as well, and it depends on what side is your window facing – for a west facing one the angle should be at around 70%, while south facing window awning can be at an angle of 45-60%. There are a lot of different style options to choose from as well – you can go for an open side awning, waterfall, double bar standard, or a gable walkway! Last but not least, you should decide whether you are looking for a retractable, freestanding or a stationary awning. It is up to your preference, but in our opinion, one like an Outsunny retractable awning will be a perfect choice!
Investing in an awning has more than huge benefits, and apart from looking good, it will protect both the indoor and outdoor space of your house. And the great thing is that now you are able to buy high-quality pieces at fair and reasonable prices, with a variety of different types to choose from!