These 7 well-performing backpack sprayers are guaranteed to make spraying your plants a way less tedious and tiring job.
Love gardening but find spraying your plants to be a tedious and exhausting task? Well, in that case, you need a great backpack sprayer that will allow you to easily and efficiently spray your precious plants with insecticides or those pesky weeds with herbicides.
And so, below we have listed down and reviewed the 7 best backpack sprayers that are guaranteed to give you amazing performance. Furthermore, we are also going to be providing you a buying guide so that you know exactly what qualities to look out for when getting a backpack sprayer for yourself.
Top Backpack Sprayers
1. CHAPIN 61500 Backpack Sprayer – Yard Sprayer
The first item on our list that will make spraying your crops much easier is the CHAPIN 61500 Backpack Sprayer. One of the reasons why it gives such a great performance is because of its powerful spraying. Because of this, you are able to spray a large area of plants fairly quickly making it quite efficient.
Also, the tank of his backpack is quite large and is able to hold around 4 gallons of liquid. And so, you do not have to continuously interrupt your spraying session to refill the tank. This further increases the efficiency of this sprayer.
The tank is also translucent. Because of this, you can always be aware of the amount of liquid currently present in it. Using this sprayer is also quite easy as it features a simple pump handle.
All you need to do is to pump it in order to have the liquid spray out from the nozzle. Also, pouring either pesticide or herbicide in the tank is also not difficult as it features a wide, 4-inch mouth. This also makes the cleaning process easier as you can easily pour out the chemicals and rinse it.
And so, because of all this, you will be able to use this backpack sprayer well even if you have never used one before. Furthermore, you can easily adjust the intensity of the spray by simply twisting the nozzle. This allows you to set it to the intensity that suits your spraying job.
Furthermore, this backpack sprayer has a leak-proof design. This prevents all the dangerous chemicals that you are spraying from reaching you and damaging your skin.
CHAPIN 61500 Backpack Sprayer is a great performing sprayer that impressed us with its efficient spray and large tank capacity. Furthermore, it is quite easy to use and therefore beginner-friendly. It also comes with two different nozzles that increase its versatility.
And along with these great qualities, this backpack sprayer is quite low-cost and affordable. And so, all of this is why we have placed this item on our list for the 7 best backpack sprayers.
2. Field King 190328 Backpack Sprayer – Top Rated Backpack Sprayer
Another well-performing backpack prayer on our list is the Field King 190328. This sprayer impressed us with its amazing spraying performance as it can spray to quite a distance. Along with having a great horizontal reach, this sprayer can also spray up to 20 – 30 feet in the air.
This allows you to spray your plants thoroughly and efficiently, be they on the ground or high up. Thanks to its amazing pressure chamber which allows the pressure to reach up to 150psi.
Furthermore, we also love how well-designed this sprayer is. Along with the outstanding pressure chamber, this sprayer also features an agitator system. This is made up of built-in paddles that rotate when you pump. And so, this is great for those solutions that are made up of different components that need constant mixing.
Also, the backpack sprayer has a filtration basket in the tank opening. This ensures that dirt and debris are not able to enter the tank as you pour your liquids into it.
The tank opening itself is quite wide, which makes it easy for you to pour liquids into it. It also has a leak-proof design. This is because it has a one-way valve that makes sure that the contents don’t spill out when it is tilted.
There is also a wand storage area on the backpack sprayer. This serves to be a convenient place to keep your wand when you are not using it. The harness of this backpack sprayer also impressed us. This is because it features nicely padded arm straps and a secure waist strap.
The Field King 190328 Backpack Sprayer gives an amazing spraying performance along with being quite comfortable. Furthermore, it has an amazing design which makes it spillproof and ensures that the contents are well mixed.
It is also quite versatile as it comes with 4 different nozzles. And each of these nozzles can be used for a different spraying job. Also, with its reversible pump handle, it is great for both left and right-handed people. And so all of this is why we have placed it on our list for the 7 best backpack sprayers.
3. Solo 425 4-Gallon Professional Piston Backpack Sprayer – Herbicide Backpack Sprayer
We have also been quite impressed by the Solo 425 4-Gallon Professional Piston Backpack Sprayer. One of the reasons for this is the backpack sprayers’ durable build. It has a heavy-duty metal frame and a strong, UV-resistant, Polyethylene Tank.
This makes sure that the sprayer is able to withstand external abuse while being resistant to corrosive substances. And so, due to all of this, we are sure that this backpack sprayer will last you a long time.
The tank of this sprayer has a 4-gallon capacity. And so if you have a large area of plants to spray, then it is perfect for you. Furthermore, we love that the tank has a wide 4.25-inch opening.
This is because it makes it easy for you to pour water and substances like pesticides into it, without spillage. The opening also has a filtration basket, which prevents dirt and other unwanted particles from entering the tank.
When it comes to the spraying aspect itself of this sprayer, it certainly did not disappoint us. With its four different nozzles, you can use it for any spray job you need. It can also produce a stream that can reach up to a height of 8 feet.
We also found its reversible pump lever to be quite useful. This is because it can be connected to either the left or the right side of the tank. And so, it is suitable for both left and right-handed people.
The Solo 425 4-Gallon Professional Piston Backpack Sprayer makes our list for the 7 best backpack sprayers due to its durability and great performance. Furthermore, its shut-off valve has a lock feature, which you can use to lock it in an on or off position.
This further minimizes user fatigue. Also, this backpack sprayer comes with four different nozzles which increase its versatility.
4. PetraTools 4 Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer
If you are looking for a battery-powered backpack sprayer then a great one is the PetraTools 4 Gallon sprayer. This backpack sprayer amazed us with its outstanding performance which comes from its 6 different nozzles and adjustable pressure.
This is because each of the nozzles provides you with a different type of steam or mist. And so you are able to have a suitable one for almost every spraying job. The adjustable pressure on the other hand lets you pick the perfect pressure for each of your spraying jobs. All this makes this backpack sprayer quite versatile.
Furthermore, this backpack sprayer has a 4-gallon tank capacity. And so if you have a large area to spray, you can easily do it in only one go. Also, when it comes to battery life, this backpack sprayer also did not disappoint us.
It easily gives you 6 to 8 hours of performance on a single charge. And so, it ensures that you have more than enough time to spray your plants without stopping to recharge.
Another thing that we love about this backpack sprayer is that it has a wide tank opening. This allows you to easily pour in your solution without having it spill down the sides. And along with the normal opening, the sprayer also features another, smaller one on the opposite end.
This one is actually a compartment that holds a measuring cup which you can use when mixing different solutions together. This compartment is also a convenient spot to hold the other nozzles when you wish to take them with you.
The PetraTools 4 Gallon backpack sprayer guarantees to give you great performance with its large tank capacity and adjustable pressure. Furthermore, it has a trigger lock feature which locks the trigger in the spray position. This allows you to spray a large area without tiring out your hand by constantly squeezing the trigger.
The sprayer also has a convenient wand holder at one of its sides. And so, you can easily place the wand there when not using it. And so all of this is why we have placed this sprayer on our list of the 7 best backpack sprayers.
5. Oregon 518769 4 Gallon Backpack Sprayer
If you are looking for a well-performing backpack sprayer on a tight budget then you will love the Oregon 518769. First of all this sprayer has a large tank capacity and is available in both 4 and 5-gallon options. Because of this, it is suitable for those who have a large area of plants to spray.
Another great thing about the tank is that it is semi-translucent. This allows you to check the amount of liquid inside without having to open it.
When it comes to the actual performance of this sprayer, we were certainly not disappointed. This is because it is able to build up a pressure of around 90psi. And so it can spray your solution at quite a distance.
Furthermore, it comes with two different nozzles, a fan one and an adjustable one. Because of this, it can perform different praying jobs quite well.
We also like that the wand of the sprayer is also quite long. This is beneficial as it ensures that there is some distance between you and the chemicals you are spraying. And so you are saved from accidentally inhaling any toxic fumes, or have the chemicals splash onto you.
Also, the sprayer has a wide opening which makes it easy for you to pour substances into it without spillage. And there is also a removable filter in the opening. This prevents all the sediment or the dirt that might be in your solution from entering the tank.
The Oregon 518769 is an amazing backpack sprayer as it has a large capacity and sprays quite well. It also comes with two different nozzles that ensure that you are able to do different spraying jobs perfectly.
Also, its semi-translucent tank lets you keep tabs on the amount of solution left in it. And along with all of these great qualities, this backpack sprayer is also quite low-cost. And so, you can see why we have placed it on our list for the 7 best backpack sprayers.
6. Sprayers Plus 105Ex Effortless Backpack Sprayer
Another great battery-powered backpack sprayer on our list is the Sprayers Plus 105Ex Effortless Backpack Sprayer. We found this backpack sprayer to be quite well-performing with its steady 40psi pressure. This allows you to spray at quite a distance and spray your plants evenly and thoroughly.
Also, the sprayer has a large capacity tank that is able to store almost 4 gallons of liquid. This proves to be a great option for those who have a large area to spray.
Also, this sprayer has long battery life. It is able to last around three rounds of spraying with full tanks. This means that it is able to spray around 12 gallons of liquids before it runs out of battery. Another thing that we really appreciate about this sprayer is that the battery is removable.
Basically, you can remove the battery from its compartment in the sprayer to charge it. This makes the charging process much easier as you don’t have to carry around the whole thing.
The backpack sprayer also comes with a fan nozzle and an adjustable brass nozzle. This increases its versatility and makes it suitable for a number of different spraying jobs.
Also, the sprayer has a strong and sturdy build with a durable hose and wand. But despite its strong build, it is still quite lightweight and portable. And so it is comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time.
The Sprayers Plus 105Ex impressed us with its durable yet lightweight build and great performance. Furthermore, it has a long battery life and charges up fairly quickly. Also, it has a large tank capacity.
Because of this, you can easily use it to spray a large area without having to pause for refills. And so, all this is why we have placed this item on our list for the 7 best backpack sprayers.
7. KIMO Battery Powered 3 Gallon Backpack Sprayer
The last item on our list that gave us a wonderful performance is the KIMO Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer. This too is a battery-powered backpack sprayer so it automatically cuts the fatigue in half. But along that it also features a trigger lock feature that further reduces fatigue.
This locks the trigger in place so that you don’t have to keep on squeezing it. And so, it is perfect for when you have to spray over a large area and need a steady spray.
We were also impressed by the battery life of this sprayer. This is because it is able to go for 6 hours before needing to be recharged. And so, you have plenty of time to finish your spraying before you need to plug it in again. Also, the tank of this sprayer is translucent. This allows you to keep an eye on the level of the liquid inside the tank without opening it.
Furthermore, the mouth of the tank is around four inches wide. This makes it easy for you to pour in your solution or its components into it without them spiling. Also, we found the actual performance of this spray quite impressive.
This is because it has adjustable pressure that you can switch between 40psi and 70psi for different spraying jobs. It also sprays consistently making sure that your plants are getting an even amount of solution. Furthermore, it comes with multiple nozzles that further increase its versatility.
And so the KIMO Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer makes our list for the 7 best backpack sprayers due to its long battery life, and great performance. Furthermore, it has a decently large tank capacity, being around 3 gallons.
Also, its trigger lock feature reduces fatigue while ensuring an even and consistent spray. Also, its adjustable pressure combines with its multiple nozzles and makes it extremely versatile.
Read Also: Best Backpack Leaf Blower Review
One of the reasons people opt for backpack sprayers over regular ones is because they are much more comfortable to use. This is because you don’t have to hold a heavy tank in your hand as you spray over a large area. And so this makes the spraying process less tiring.
This is why you need to make sure that the backpack sprayer that you are getting has a comfortable harness. Otherwise, you will still find spraying your plants difficult and tiring.
Make sure that the backpack has wide straps so that there is better weight distribution and they don’t painfully dig into your shoulders. Furthermore, you need to make sure that the straps are nicely padded for maximum comfort. A padded back is another added bonus in terms of comfort when it comes to a backpack sprayer.
Another important thing to consider when buying a backpack sprayer is its tank capacity. This is one of those features that depend on your needs. If you have a large area of plants to spray then you should go for a backpack sprayer with a bigger tank with a capacity of around 3 to 4 gallons for efficiency.
This is because it will allow you to spray your plants thoroughly without having to stop for refills.
But a downside of large tanks is that, when full, they are quite heavy. And so they can be kind of uncomfortable to carry if the backpack does not have a good quality harness. This is why we recommend that you get a backpack sprayer with a smaller tank if you do not have a large area to spray. And so, it will let you spray your plants well without the extra bulk of a heavier tank.
Many of the chemicals that you spray on your plants can be quite harmful to humans. They can either irritate the skin or make you sick if accidentally ingested. This is why you need to make sure that the backpack sprayer that you are getting has a leak-proof design.
This will ensure that these substances are not able to reach your skin or soak into your clothes. And so, you will be protected from harmful chemicals.
Just like, with everything else, durability is also an important aspect to consider before getting a backpack sprayer. This is because some chemicals that you spray on your plants can have corrosive substances.
This is true for even homemade pesticides that contain components like vinegar. And so these substances can eat away inside your sprayer and cause it to leak or malfunction. Which is why you need to make sure that it has high-quality components that are resistant to such corrosion.
Reversible Pump Handle
If you are left-handed and looking for a manual backpack sprayer then we recommend that you get a backpack sprayer with a reversible pump handle. This is because, with manual sprayers, you need to pump frequently. And so if you use your non-dominant hand to do that then you are bound to tire fast.
And so, with a reversible pump handle, you can place the handle at the side that suits you the best.
Many people prefer battery-powered backpack sprayers over manual ones. This is because you do not have to constantly pump them in order to spray your crops. And so you are safe from extra fatigue or hand cramps during the spraying process. But an important thing to consider when buying a battery-powered backpack sprayer is its battery life.
We recommend that you get one with a battery life of a minimum of 3 hours. This is because this will give you enough time to properly spray your plants without having to stop for a recharge.
What is the best battery-powered backpack sprayer?
Although there are many well-performing battery-powered backpack sprayers in the market, one of the best ones in our opinion is the PetraTools 4 Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer.
This is because it has a long battery life, larger tank capacity, 6 different nozzles, trigger lock feature, and so on. Furthermore, it comes with a 1-year warranty because of which you can feel more secure with your purchase
How do you spray with a backpack sprayer?
For a manual backpack sprayer, you will have a pump lever on one side. You need to pump this frequently in order to build up pressure. Then point the hose at the plants you want to spray and squeeze the trigger.
This will release the solution in your tank that is being pushed out by the pressure being built up by the pump. For a battery-powered backpack sprayer, all you need to do is turn it on, select your desired pressure (if the option is available), and then point at your plants and squeeze the trigger.
The market is full of different backpack sprayers, all of which claim to be the best for the job. This can make it quite difficult for you to find one that actually does what it claims. And so, to help you find an amazing backpack sprayer, we have listed down the 7 ones that we have found to be among the best after extensive research. And from these 7 our top 3 picks are the following:
Field King 190328 Backpack Sprayer. Because of its reversible pump handle, multiple nozzles, easy to clean design, comfortable shoulder straps, and ease of use.
PetraTools 4 Gallon Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer. Due to its 6 different nozzles, 1-year warranty, adjustable pressure, long battery life, and trigger lock feature.
KIMO Battery Powered 3 Gallon Backpack Sprayer. For its long battery life, trigger lock feature, translucent tank, multiple nozzles, and great performance.
And so when it comes to well-performing backpack sprayers that have multiple nozzles, long battery life, are comfortable, and easy to use, these are among the best options out there.
Take a look at these backpack sprayers from Amazon also:
- This sprayer has an integrated filter included and a 4 ft. hose
- All purpose sprayer ideal for herbicides, pesticides, liquid fertilizers and many home applications! Manual pump backpack sprayer is ideal for large jobs
- Trigger with a lock-on option can be engaged for a continuous spraying
- Includes four interchangeable sprayer nozzles for different applications
- Internal no leak pump design is safer to use - chemicals will not drip down your back
- Can be used with wet Table powders and liquids for all applications. Does the work of both a piston and diaphragm backpack
- Easy access pump, change seals in just minutes with no tools
- Pump handle can be stored vertically or horizontally
- Deluxe comfort harness
- 4-Gallon sprayer meets all your spraying needs (controlling weeds and pests, growing flowers and vegetables and cleaning decks and siding)
- Heavy-duty poly wand with shut-off featuring a comfort grip, lock for continuous spraying and an in-line filter
- Viton seals and gaskets throughout the pump and shut-off for long lasting chemical resistance
- Adjustable padded straps with waist belt and built-in lumbar support
- Includes 3 nozzles for versatility: poly adjustable, high volume fan, and low volume fan
- Quality & Convenience -- This pump sprayer is made of high-quality PE material, durable for long time use, the 1.32 gallon (5 L) capacity translucent bottle design with a calibration scale, you can...
- Easy to Use -- This garden pump with super large bowl mouth and funnel design at the top for easy filling and cleaning. Easy to use, fill up the bottle and close the lid, pump up the pressure and you...
- Comfort Spraying -- This pump pressure sprayer features an adjustable shoulder strap makes it easy to hang on your body for easy movement. The watering wand design with 52-inch hose and 22 inch spray...
- Adjustable Nozzle -- This hand sprayer features an adjustable nozzle, easy to change the water from a fine mist to a direct stream depending on application purpose.
- Multi-Purpose Pressure Sprayer -- This yard sprayer designed to meet all your home and garden needs, can be used for cleaning cars, cleaning home, pet bathing, irrigation plants, cleaning decks and so...
- Extended Hose And Distance: This premium version of the PetraTools Fogger Mist Blower comes with an extended coiled hose for perfect ulv misting. Easily extend this hose above your head to reach...
- On/Off On Handle For Convenience - Mists Up To 15 Feet: The premium 1200W motor operates on 110V AC power and can spray up to 15 feet of chemicals/liquid for maximum fogging. Cover your field, yard,...
- Comfortable Backpack Straps: Carry up to 4 gallons with the heavy-duty straps that make this atomizer comfortable to use – a professional commercial feel with at home uses. Other mosquito foggers...
- American Run Business: PetraTools is ultra-responsive to customers’ questions, challenges and requests. The PetraTools Fogger is the perfect solution to use commercially, at home, in the city, in...
- Excellent quality control testing: PetraTools wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PetraTools fog machine and will help any way they can. Quality control testing and final assembly...
- Never Pump Again: Sprays For 2-2.5 hours on a single battery charge or over 50 gallons of solution so that you can complete your whole job on a single charge without worrying about pumping. 40-65PSI...
- PetraTools HD3000 1 Year Warranty. PetraTools wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PetraTools HD3000 Sprayer and will help any way they can. Other sprayers provide extremely...
- PetraTools Multipurpose Wand and Nozzle Included: Meet all your spraying needs with the PetraTools wand that can handle any solution as needed. Includes plastic squeeze handle with locking mechanism...
- Translucent Tank with Gallon Markings: The translucent tank with gallon markers allows you to easily see how much solution you’re mixing in and how much is left in the tank. Variable PSI pressure...
- High-Quality Products at PetraTools: PetraTools aims to always give you the best products, so we designed the HD3000 sprayer with the highest quality standards. Produced under a family-owned business...
- Translucent 4 Gal. tank
- Sprays 11 tanks per charge
- No pumping required
- Features a variable pressure dial
- Includes adjustable nozzle and flat fan nozzle
- 5-POSITION DIAL: Click into one of 5 pressure settings (up to 60 psi) or dial anywhere in between.
- LASTING PERFORMANCE: Rechargeable 18V lithium-ion battery provides up to 2.5 hours of continuous spraying and is rated for 1,000 charge cycles.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: Updates include a black UV-resistant hose, waterproofed electrical parts and ComfortStraps vest system.
- DISTANCE SPRAYING: At the highest pressure, your sprayer can reach over 25-feet vertically or horizontally.
- GENEROUS OUTPUT: Spray over 57 gallons on one full charge.
- Features a rugged fiberglass wand and professional-grade nozzle system.
- Comes with padded shoulder straps with waist band for comfort and less strain on your back.
- Easy, no tool assembly.
- Piston pump.
- For use with liquids only (not for use with bleach).
Don’t Miss: Best 3000 PSI Pressure Washer