Since the beginning of time, tools made certain processes easier. This is a Perpetuum mobile that leads us to today’s civilization. Almost everything that you can imagine can be made much easier with a proper tool or set of proper tools. Cutting is one of the simplest, yet most common action that is repeated through a person’s life countless times. It doesn’t matter what you are cutting, either your food or wood for making some kind of buildings. Sometimes you can find yourself in a situation when you will cut through some kind of metal. It this case you will need a metal chop saw.
This is a powerful tool that will make cutting metal and any other hard materials as easy as cutting through butter. However, before you start surfing online shops or stores near your home, you should do some research about what you need exactly. Naturally, the first step is to know what you want to accomplish with your tool. So, we can say that proper research is the key element in fulfilling all your needs. In order to help you with that, we did some research and compiled a list of the best metal chop saws in 2023. Without further ado, let us present you with this list of ours.
1. Evolution EVOSAW380 15-Inch
EVOSAW380 is a dry metal cutting chop saw that uses minimal amounts of heat in the work process, it doesn’t produce any sparks at all. So, the conclusion is that you don’t need any kind of coolant for this one. It features a 15 amp and 1800-watt motor that has high torque gearbox. It has more than enough energy for cutting almost anything you get your mind on. Also, this means that the motor load is reduced and that steel cutting performance is improved. All of these features had a say in our decision to place this device on the top of our list.
– Clean and precise cuts
– This device produces only a small amount of heat
– It doesn’t produce any sparks
– The device is highly durable and it doesn’t consist of any flimsy or plastic parts
– The handle is made of polycarbonate
– One blade can make more than a thousand cuts before you need to change it
– Clamp setup can be problematic while trying to get to 90 degrees
– This is not a device for anybody’s pocket
2. Porter-Cable PCE700
PCE700 from Porter-Cable uses the same blade technology as the next metal chop saw on our list, which we will talk about later. However, this one is a somewhat better solution. It is highly ranked not because of the price, but this chop saw has to offer real quality. It is a good choice both for people who would like to have it because of some hobby and professional blacksmiths. It features a 3,800 RPM motor, which has a 15 amp. So, this is a very powerful metal cutter. Thankfully, it comes with a replaceable brush. It is made of heavy-duty steel and it is really sold, so you can count on its stability.
– Lightweight and affordable
– It has a great cutting power and it runs smoothly
– 120-volt chop saw, great for small and medium projects
– Precise and smooth cuts
– Not a good choice for big projects
– Burrs are visible after you finish cutting
– It cuts somewhat harder through thicker metals
3. Makita LC1230 12-Inch
LC1230 is the product of Makita Corporation, which has a rich history in making metal chop saws, which is longer than 100 years. This device is the perfect choice for people who need it for demanding and large projects. It features a 15-amp motor that has 120 volts and has a D-shaped handle in order to provide you with easy gripping. It is really powerful, with its 1,300 RPM. Furthermore, it offers a great level of security because it has a lock-off button. In the end, we would like to point out that this saw has a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50 times longer than your average abrasive wheels.
– It has a quick release that secures material retention
– It is durable, sturdy, and cuts with unreal smoothness
– It performs clean cuts at 45 or 90 degrees
– This device is pretty versatile and it can cut various types of metal
– Both blades and metal chop saw are pretty costly
4. DeWalt D28710
In the end, we are going to talk about D28710 that was made by the famous company DeWalt. This device can be considered as a somewhat cheap solution for your need for a metal chop saw. It features a motor that provides overload protection, which only adds to the increased performance, and in the end, better ratings of this product. Also, the quick-lock vise will provide you with a quick clamping action on materials of many different sizes. This has a great influence on the productivity of this device. Also, this abrasive saw has a spindle lock. This will provide you with an opportunity to make wheel changes more quickly.
– Durable and clean design
– Cheaper than many cold cut saws
– Quick-lock makes it much safer
– Excellent basic saw for simple cutting
– The cutting speed is somewhat lower compared to cold cut saw
– Burrs can be expected while cutting thicker metal
– Smokes and sparks can be expected when cutting metal
– You can’t attach toothed blade on this one because RPM is too high