Maintaining a healthy lifestyle shouldn’t be that hard and it all revolves around the three basic principles – a nutritious diet, regular exercise, and a positive mindset. As of the diet, it is important that you start cutting on refined sugar products, greasy foods contain trans fats, alc*hol and any processed foods that artificials and chemicals. On the other hand, you should start eating more of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, nuts, eggs, fish, and certain types of meat being cautious about your red meat intake. As of the regular exercise, it would be good if you scheduled in 3-4 workouts a week whether it is cardio, weightlifting, team sports, or yoga – whatever suits you; just be sure to stick to it! Last but not least positive mindset is the key to every success so be sure to maintain one in your healthy lifestyle journey as well.
In the past few years, studies have been benefits of certain foods that are now considered as a superfood and which you should eat on regular basis. Is this kind of a diet the secret to the good looks of celebrities? A lot of superfoods and that’s it? Let’s go ahead and find out!
What Are The Superfoods That Should Become A Part Of Your Daily Routine
1. Chia seeds were mostly used in cosmetic products for the health benefits till a few years ago people start realizing that it has many advantages when eaten as well. Whether you will sprinkle some on your whole grain bread or enjoy a tbsp of chia seeds in your smoothie it is your choice but be sure to have some of it every day and enjoy the health properties. It is great in fighting off the free radicals, contains a lot of fiber and heart-healthy omega 3 fats.
2. Another antioxidant-power food is Acai berries that were likewise used in cosmetic products until recently people figured that these actually taste quite good and are an excellent food to include in smoothies and salads. You can also enjoy it in the powder form as well which is a convenient way to add a booster for your immune system without having to chew it.
3. As Salty Truth suggests one of the components mostly found in certain supplements or dark chocolate is the Maca Root and little do we know it is a nutritional powerhouse on its own. It is a great vegan source of amino acids that are needed for muscle building, as well as healthy skin and nail growth. It is also heart-healthy and promotes your HDL while regulating your hormones and even increasing sex drive. The best way to consume it is through powder adding a tbsp. to your soup, cereal, or a smoothie.
4. Hemp seeds similar to Chia seeds are rich in fiber and are one of the best plant sources of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Along with that, these contain a bunch of calcium, potassium, and iron and are one of the rare plant-based foods that include all the major amino acids (8 to be correct). Last but not least it is heart healthy and may reduce your LDL cholesterol levels.
5. Kombucha which is made by fermenting sugar in a tea becoming a type of bacteria in the process is a great ingredient and you should be drinking at least one cup a day of the same. It will improve your gastrointestinal tract and can give you quite an energy kick as well!
6. Along with Acai berries, the Goji berries are filled with antioxidant as well and a great way to boost your overall health and immune system. Rich in Vitamins A, C, and E goji berries are believed to promote longevity and can improve your memory as well.
7. Last but not least is coconut – filled with B1, B6, C and E vitamins it also contains a good amount of fiber, protein, folic acid, and The fats contained in coconut are one of the healthiest out there and instantly boost your energy levels!
The above mentioned are just a few of the superfoods that should certainly be a part of your regular balanced diet. And all are vegan-friendly as well so we shall all thank our Planet Earth for providing us with such great fruits, vegetables, and seeds that we should all enjoy!