Have you ever thought that you are tired of the hustle and bustle in the big city? Are you fed up with the daily stresses because of work, are you constantly in a hurry and never get there on time? Did you just want to leave everything and retire to live in the countryside, away from the city, away from all the noise? To escape from all that madness, congestion, nervousness, and to find peace somewhere far away, in village life. To live in a country house and have a greenhouse where you will grow organic vegetables or flowers for your own needs.
What is a greenhouse? It is a kind of house-made of transparent material, usually, it is made of glass or any other transparent material. Why are greenhouses made with transparent walls? They are made in this way because the transparent walls allow sunlight to penetrate more easily and come in contact with plants, which we know grow faster and feed if they have access to it.
The greenhouse resembles the mother’s womb, only in this case the fruit can be seen, which aims to protect the plant in the period when it is most fragile and to give it what it needs to grow even in bad weather. It allows it to mature in the cold winter periods, although in reality then it should not grow.
What is the benefit of this kind of gardening? This way it is easier to control the environment in which the plants grow, the amount of light they receive, the level of humidity and the temperature in the room, and of course the amount of water that is essential to prevent drying and dying of plants.
If you are a beginner in the gardening world and do not know how the greenhouse works, we will help you with a few tips to maintain the temperatures in the summer and winter period.
1. In the cold winter periods when we lack daylight, the days are shorter, and the sun rarely appears from the dark clouds, we do not have the opportunity to heat the room naturally. So we have to use additional heating means to maintain the temperature level at a certain level. But it is best to choose a heater that does not dry the air because dry air is not very suitable for plants.
2. Use a thermostat to monitor the temperature in the room, you certainly do not want to destroy the plants if you do not heat the house well or the temperature is too high and harm them. Research the ideal temperature at which you should grow the plants and try to keep them within that limit.
3. Keep the heaters at a certain distance from the plants, it would not be wise to place them directly next to them. The hot air blowing directly into them can be fatal, so consider where it would be appropriate to place the device so that there is no direct contact with the plants.
4. If you are building a new greenhouse, remind the builder that you need windows that you can open. Why is this important? Because from time to time during the day you will need to open the windows so that the room can be ventilated and bring a little freshness to the room. Your plants will like the fresh air and no condensation will form and you will prevent fungal diseases that can be fatal to them.
5. Unlike the winter period when they need some heat, in the summer period you will need to provide them with cooling. A solution to this problem can be found in installing misting fans that are great for keeping rooms cool. These fans have a water tank, they are set on a timer, and while the fan is spinning for a certain amount of time, a certain amount of water is sprayed which moistens and cools the air inside.
6. Plants need sunlight the most in the morning and the afternoon. When the sun is at its highest in the day and the temperatures are at their highest, a great way to protect the plants a bit is to install shade cloth or curtains. They are easy to use, when the sun’s rays are strongest, you only need to pull the curtains and protect the plants from the light for a few hours, and the temperature in the house will drop by some ten degrees.
7. Installing an air duct system that is perfect for both cooling and heating the room. If the room does not allow you to have airflow in any other way, installing such a cooling and heating system will allow you to do so. The only drawback is that the vents and duct will need to be cleaned from time to time. If you notice a strange odor or hear any sound that is not typical of air vents or notice any stains, the next thing you should do is call a cleaning service. Do not worry we have the right people for you and that is samedaytrades.com.au and they offer this type of service. Offering impeccable service and a solution to your problems with dirty ducts. So if you have any of the above problems feel free to contact them, you will not regret it.
Gardening and having a greenhouse that you need to maintain in perfect condition is not an easy task. It has positive and negative features. Of course, it will give you a certain peace that you will not find anywhere else. It is a wonderful feeling to work hard and contribute to the growth and production of flowers and plants, and it is even better when you see with your own eyes how they grow from an ordinary seed or root into a final plant. But they require special care and conditions, so do good research on what your plants need, what conditions they require. With a little more effort you will be able to bring your greenhouse to perfection, and you will be overjoyed with the plants that came out of it.