We are living in a society that is driven by mass production and mass cultural norms so the fact that fast food and sugary products are everywhere around us come as no surprise. Whether you go grocery shopping or out for a lunch you will be presented with a variety of meals and dishes that have a lot of sugar and trans fats in them but are tasty. The taste comes from sugar, salt, and additives – so nothing that you can consider healthy. Still, no one makes you eat it and if you want to lead a healthy lifestyle is pretty simple. Regular exercise and a balanced diet are all there is to it. Exclude refined sugar products, trans fat foods, and cut on saturated fats and alcohol. On the other hand, eating more whole grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, fish, eggs and some types of meat will go a long way.
Now, in the past few years numerous studies on certain superfoods have been coming out and among all is a study on monk fruit. And no it isn’t a fruit that was solely eaten by monks it just originally grows in China and Thailand so that is where it got its name from (along with the fact that they have been eating it for thousands of years already while we just found about it recently). But what is it and how can it benefit your body? Let’s take a look!
What Is Monk Fruit
The scientific name of this fruit is Siratia grosvenorii and as mentioned above it has been used by the Eastern culture for thousands of years. They have used it as an ingredient in various dishes, additive, and even medicine. And apparently, it does have numerous healing properties. The FDA has labeled it as safe and there are no side effects to it other than the fact that some people are allergic and simply shouldn’t can’t eat it. Still, balance is the key in everything so too much monk fruit would probably make you sick and even cause certain digestive problems. And remember though it contains natural sugars such as fructose and glucose it is still high in the same and too much sugar is never good.
What Are The Possible Benefits Of Monk Fruit
1. First and foremost a great thing about it is the fact that you can use it as a natural sweetener. We know that refined sugar is good and artificial sweeteners aren’t either so your best bet is to go for natural sweeteners if you really can’t drink your tea or coffee bold. Along with stevia, monk fruit is one of the best natural sweeteners and per the same dosage, it is much sweeter than regular sugar while being 100% healthy to use.
2. Along with that people that have been eating monk fruit swear that they feel more younger and full of energy. And this shouldn’t come as a surprise as it is filled with antioxidants which are there to promote longevity and fight off the free radicals caused by the habits, environment, and
3. It is also a great anti-inflammatory fruit and it can be used to treat numerous medical conditions. Unlike some drugs that could cause liver damage, monk fruit is safe while still having the healing And it boosts your immune system in the process as well once again due to the number of antioxidants that it contains!
4. Apart from that monk fruit is anti-bacterial and prevents further bacteria growth. It can help you with tooth decay, throat infections, gum disease and even more serious conditions like candida and streptococcus.
5. Along with that, in moderate use, it will help you prevent diabetes and control blood sugar. Also, it is a great addition to your healthy and balanced diet and may help you with weight loss as just a few pieces of it will keep you satisfied.
6. It also promotes good cholesterol and heart health.
Unless you are allergic to eat monk fruit is a great superfood that comes with numerous healing compounds and is safe to eat on daily basis. Whether you will be eating it on its own or mixing in a smoothie it is your choice but doesn’t forget about it and be sure to reap the many benefits that it offers!